- Augustus Waters: "May I see you again?"
- Hazel Grace: "Sure."
- Augustus Waters: "Tomorrow?"
- Hazel Grace: "Patience, grasshopper. You don't want to seem overeager."
- Augustus Waters: "Right, that's why I said tomorrow. I want to see you again tonight. But I'm willing to wait all night and much of tomorrow. I'm serious."
- Hazel Grace: "You don't even know me. How about I call you when I finish this?"
- Augustus Waters: "But you don't even have my phone number."
- Hazel Grace: "I strongly suspect you wrote it in this book."
- Augustus Waters: "And you say we don't know each other."
So in English class we had to draw a scene from The Great Gatsby. After the drawings were done the teacher was showing them to the class, and one drawing was a pic of Gatsby reaching towards at the green light, but in the drawing Gatsby didn’t have hands. So my teacher starts saying something like how this picture has hidden meaning and portrays the helplessness Gatsby feels, and the kid next to me just casually says “I can’t draw hands.”